Senior Principal Scientist
B.Sc.Ag&AH (Hons); M.Sc (Agriculture Economic and Rural Banking); Ph.D. (Economics)
Office:011-25843052, Mobile: 9868423173
- Rais M, Sheoran, A. 2015. ‘Treatment of Sugarcane Industry Effluents: Science & technology issues’, Indian Sugar. Vol. LXIV, No. (9), pp 47-58.
- Rais M, Sheoran, A. 2015. ‘Scope of Supply Chain Management in Fruits and Vegetables in India’, Journal of Food Processing Technology. Vol. 6, No. (3), pp 427-434.
- Rais, M, Acharya, S. Sharma. N. 2013. ‘Food Processing Industry in India: S & T Capability, Skill, and Employment Opportunities’, Journal of Rural Development. Vol. 32, No. (4) pp 451-480.
- Rais, M., Farooquee, N.A.; VanLoon, G.V. 2012. Agro-biodiversity Conservation in Indian Central Himalaya: On Farm (In-situ) Practices, Technical Monograph published by LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH, Germany. (ISBN-10: 3847374427)
- Rais, M., VanLoon, G.W. 2012. Policy Development to Support Biodiversity within Agricultural Systems of Hilly Regions of Uttarakhand, North India. In Chettri, N; Sherchan, U; Chaudhary, S; Shakya, B (eds) (2012) Mountain biodiversity conservation and management: Selected examples of good practices and lessons learned from the Hindu Kush Himalayan region. ICIMOD Working Paper 2/2012. Kathmandu: ICIMOD
- Rais, Mohammad, and Nehal A. Farooquee, N.A. 2011. Agro--biodiversity and livelihoods R&D in Uttarakhand, in: India SCIENCE and TECHNOLOGY Report 2011, FoundationBooks (Cambridge University Press- India) New Delhi.
- Rais, Mohammad. 2010. Policy Development to Support Biodiversity within Agricultural Systems of Hilly Regions of Uttarakhand in North India. Poster Paper accepted in International Conference on Biodiversity: Biodiversity and the UN Millennium Development Goals: Challenges for Research and Action. December 1-3, 2010, Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
- Rais, Mohammad, Sharma. D.C, Khan, S.2009. Agro-biodiversity and Indian Central Himalayan Agriculture ̶ A Paradigm. In: Agriculture: Tradition, Modern Technology and Globalization in India and China, Ed. Kharbanda V.P. and Pei Guo. NISTADS, New Delhi, CRDP/CAU, Beijing., pp. 363-380
- Rais, Mohammad, Khan, S. Sharma. D.C 2009. ‘In-situ on Farm Agro-biodiversity Conservation in Mid-hills of Indian Central Himalaya’, Indian Journal of Plant Genetic Resources, 22(2): 144-151.
- Rais, Moammad, Pazderka, Bohumir and vanLoon, Gary W. 2009. 'Agriculture in Uttarakhand, India—Biodiversity, Nutrition, and Livelihoods', Journal of Sustainable Agriculture, Vol. 33 No. 3. Pp.319 — 335.
- Rai, M, Sharma. D.C. 2008. ‘Characterizing Indicators for Sustainable Land Management in Indian Himalayan Sloping Lands’. Journal of Environment Assessment Policy and Management. Vol. 10. No. 4. Pp 431-460.
- Rais, M. Crane; J. et. al. 2006. Regional rural economic regeneration assessment and strategies for Afghanistan, NABDP Project, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Kabul, Afghanistan
- Rais, M. Holly, R. et. al. 2007. Sub-Sector Analysis and Business Plan Development for North regions of Afghanistan, NABDP Project, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Kabul, Afghanistan
- Rais, M. Mohaqeq, H. et. al 2007. Sub-Sector Analysis and Business Plan Development for Central regions of Afghanistan, NABDP Project, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Kabul, Afghanistan
- Rais, M. Carlos, J. 2007. Sub-Sector Analysis and Business Plan Development for Western regions of Afghanistan, NABDP Project, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Kabul, Afghanistan
- Rais, M., Holly, R., Carlos, J., Mohaqeq, H. et. al. 2008. Economic Viability and Technical Feasibility for selected niche sub-sectors of Afghanistan, NABDP Project, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Kabul, Afghanistan
- Rais. M and vanLoon, G.W. 2006. Executive Summary of NISTADS-SHARP Project: Policy Development for Sustainable Livelihood of Hill Communities in Uttaranchal. Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) supported collaborative project between NISTADS, New Delhi-Queen’s University, Kingston, Canada. NISTADS, Pusa Gate, New Delhi, India
- Rais. M, vanLoon, G.W., and Bohumir Pazderka, B. 2005. Policy Development to Support Agro-Biodiversity in Hills of Uttaranchal State in North India (extended abstract). First International DIVERSITAS Open Science Conference: “Integrating biodiversity science for human well-being”, 9-12 November 2005, Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Rais. M, vanLoon, G.W. 2004. Conflict between traditional crops and high yielding varieties in hills: Challenges of sustaining livelihood of marginal farmers in Uttaranchal (extended abstract). Paper presented in National WATERSHED SUMMIT: Confronting contradictions and challenges, organized by Integrated Watershed Development Project (A World Bank Project), Agriculture Department, Govt. of Haryana, November 24-26, 2004, Chandigarh, India
- Rais, M. 2003. Harvesting agro-biodiversity of Uttaranchal: an eco-friendly approach. Invention Intelligence. 38 (4):187-189.
- Rais, M. 2001. Sustaining Fragile Environment by the Poor of Sloping Lands: Lessons from South and Southeast Asian Case Studies (extended abstract). The 2001 Open Meeting of the Human Dimensions of Global Environmental Change Research Community, October 6-8, 2001. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Lefroy§, R.D.B., Bechstedt§, H.D., and Rais, M. 2000. Indicators for sustainable land management based on farmer surveys in Vietnam, Indonesia, and Thailand. International Journal of Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment, 81: 137-146.
- Rais, M. 2000. Sustainable Land Management in Sloping Lands: Challenges at Farm Level (extended abstract). In Proceedings of International Conference on Managing Natural Resources for Sustainable Agricultural Production in the 21st Century: February 14-18, 2000, Vol. 2. J S P Yadav, G Narayanswamy, et. al. (eds.) Indian Society of Soil Science, New Delhi. Pp.99-101.
- Rais, M. 2000. Integrating Transdisciplinarity in Assessing Sustainability: A Dialogue between Research Framework and Farmers Perception: Some Experiences of Sloping Lands from Southeast and South Asia. In Proceedings of International Conference on Transdisciplinarity: Joint Problem Solving among Science, Technology and Society: February 27 – March 1, 2000, Zurich, Workbook I. Rudolf Habreli, Roland W. Scholz, Alain Bill, Myrtha Welti (eds.). Zurich: Haffmans Sachbuch Verlag, Switzerland. Pp. 420-424.
- Khan, S., Rais, M. and Qureshi, M.A. 1999. Training Programme of Spatial Technology in Environment Management – A Report. Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research, Vol. 58, January, pp 37-42.
- Rais, M., Gameda§, S., Craswell§, E.T., Sajjapongse§, A., and Bechstedt§, H.D. 1999. Decision Support System for Sustainable Land Management: A South-East Asia Case. In: Kersten, G.E. et.al. (ed.) Decision Support Systems for Sustainable Development: A Resource Book of Methods and Applications. International Development Research Centre (IDRC) and Kluwer Academic Publishers. Boston/ Dordrecht/ London. Pp. 183-196.
- Rais, M., Khan, S., and Qureshi, M.A. 1999. Geoinformatics for Sustainable Land Management: A Case Study of Tauru Block in National capital Region of India. For Presentation at: Geoinformatics Beyond 2000: International Conference on Geoinformatics for Natural Resource Assessment, Monitoring and Management. March 9-11. Dehradun. Organized by IIRS Dehradun – ITC Netherlands. pp. 113-118.
- S. Gameda, Rais, M., Craswell, E, and Dumanski J. 1998. Integration of Local Knowledge and Scientific Research for An Expert System on Sustainable Land Management: A South East Asia Case. In Proceeding: Fourth World Congress on Expert Systems: March 16-20. Mexico City.
- Craswell, E.T., Rais, M., and Dumanski J. 1998. Resource Management Domains as a Vehicle for Sustainable Development. International Journal on Failure and Lessons Learned in Information Technology Management: Special Issue on Sustainable Development. Vol.2 (1).pp 3-7.
- Rais, M., Tulachan, P.M., and Partap, T. 1998. Framework for Evaluating Sustainable Land Management: A Case Study of Middle Hills in Nepal. IBSRAM/ ICIMOD, September 1998, IBSRAM, Box. 9-109, Bangkok. p. 46.
- Rais, M., Craswell, E.T., Gameda, S., and Dumanski, J. 1997. Decision Support System for Evaluating Sustainable Land Management in Sloping Lands of Asia. International Journal of Aerospace Survey and Earth Sciences (ITC Journal), 1997-3/4: CD-ROM File 22.PDF.
- Khan, S. and Rais, M. 1997. Application of G.I.S. for Planning Wasteland Development: A Case Study of Ferozepur Jhirka Block in Gurgaon District. In Misra, B. (ed.) Geographic Information System and Economic Development: Conceptual Applications. Mittal Publishers. New Delhi.
- Bjorner, D., Rais, M. 1996. Federated GIS Based Decision Support System for Sustainable Development: A Conceptual Architecture. UNU/IIST (United Nations University/ International Institute for Software Technology) Research Report No. 61. Macau
- Bjorner, D. Mikolajuk, Z. Rais, M., and Yeh, A.G. 1996. Decision Support Systems for Environmentally Sustainable Development: Software Technology for Agenda’21. International Expert Group Workshop. February 25 - March 8 1996. Unpublished Workshop Proceedings. IDRC-UNU/IIST, Macau.
- Gupta, A.K. and Rais, M. 1996. Managing Research Networks for Helping Marginal Framers: A Study of Inter-Organizational Linkages. IIMA Working Paper No. 1338. Centre for Management in Agriculture, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmadabad. India.
- Rais, M. 1995. Application of GIS at Sub-District Level: Land Suitability Analysis: A Case Study of Tauru Block, North India”. Working Paper-106/95, Sponsored by IDRC, Canada. CSIR / NISTADS. New Delhi.
- Rais, M. and Khan, S. 1994. Application of Geographic Information System (GIS) in Monitoring Water Pollution. In: Mishra, M.K., Awasthi, S.K., and Singh, K.P. (Ed.) Clean Environment: Strategies, Planning and Management: Proceedings of National Seminar February 26-27. Legend India Environment Protection Pvt. Limited. Lucknow, India.