Scientific and Technical Staff
- Jain*, S.K. ;Kumar, Vipan (2003) Energy Scenario in India: Vis-a-vis China and Brazil. New Delhi: Nistads.
- Kumar, Vipan; Mandal, Kasturi; Kumar, Naresh; Banerjee, Taposik (2010),’ Skills for green jobs in India; International Labour Office; Skills and Employability Dept . ISBN: 9789221239819
- Kumar, Vipan (2013) 'Energy Imperatives for Developing World', LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing: Germany, ISBN: 978-3-659-32613-4.
- Kumar, Vipan; Sagar, Rohit and Narula, Sapna, (2013) ‘Researcher Guide networking: A case of Renewable Energy Research’, In the Book-proceedings of 2013IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining, Editors: Tansel Özyer, Peter Carrington, Ee-Peng LIM, Published by IEEE Computer Society, Piscataway, NJ, USA. IEEE catalogue No. CFP1334H-USB, ISBN-978-1-4799-1496-8 pp. 1132-1138
- Kumar, Vipan; Mandal, Kasturi; Kumar, Naresh; Banerjee, Taposik (2011) Synthesis report on Skills for Green Jobs: A Global View, Editors – Olga Strieska-Ilina, Christine Hofmann, Mercedez Duran and Shinyoung Jeon; ISBN:978-92-2-125091-3
- Kumar, Vipan; Kumar, Naresh (2012), “Status of enrolment at different levels of education Educational levels”, in the chapter “S&T Human Resource” of India Science & Technology 2010-11 Published by NISTADS, May 2009, pp T1-2 to T1-6
- Kumar, Vipan; Kumar, Naresh (2012), Computational GIS Based Mapping of some indicators of primary education in India, ibid, pp T1-7 to T1-17
- Kumar, Vipan; Kumar, Naresh (2012), Migration of Students: A case of BRIC countries, ibid, pp T1-78 to T1-85
- Kumar, Vipan; Kumar, Naresh (2012), Green and Emerging Occupations in India, Ibid, pp T1-111 to T1-115
- Kumar, Vipan; Kumar, Naresh; Kumar, Neelam (2009), “Pattern of Enrolment at Different Educational levels”, in the chapter “S&T Human Resource” of India Science & Technology 2008 Published by NISTADS, May 2009, pp 3-7
- Kumar, Naresh; Kumar, Vipan (2009), “Educational Infrastructure in India”, ibid, pp 13-15
- Kumar, Vipan; Kumar, Naresh; Gupta, Nitin (2009), “Performance in Sciences at Secondary/Higher Secondary level”, ibid, pp 15-20
- Kumar, Vipan; Kshitij, Avinash (2009), “Inter-State migration at Secondary level”, ibid, pp 24-25
- Kumar, Naresh; Kumar, Vipan (2009), “International Migration of Students”, ibid, pp 25-27
- Kumar, Naresh; Kumar, Vipan (2009), “Measures to promote basic science”, ibid, pp 30-31
- Mandal, Kasturi; Kumar, Vipan; Banerjee, P (2009) “Investment in S&T and Innovation in India”, ibid, pp 73-79
- Kirti Joshi, Avinash Kshitij, Bikramjit Sinha, Vipan Kumar, Kasturi Mandal (2009) “India’s Capability and Competence in Energy Sector R&D”, ibid, pp 234-241
- Kumar, Vipan (2007) Small and Medium Enterprise in India with a case study on SME innovation in Automotive Sector, in the book published by Shanxi Soft Science Research Institute and NISTADS.
- Vipan Kumar, Sandhya Wakdikar and Rammi Kapoor, “Case Study: Auto component sector in Delhi NCR” a report chapter of an in-house report “Status of Innovation” by NISTADS, 2006.
- Kumar, Vipan (2004) Norah Richards (1876-1971) : A brief sketch In The Life and Work of Sir S S Bhatnagar (by Norah Richards), New Delhi: NISTADS, new edition, pp.VIII-XI
- Vipan Kumar, Rashmi Srivastava (2013) Indian gatekeepers of foreign journals:
A preliminary analysis, Journal of Scientometric research, Vol 2, Issue 2, May-August 2013.
- Vipan Kumar, Naresh Kumar, Sapna Narula (2011) Plethora of Indian Education: Are we following the development path? In Liceo Journal of Higher Education Research, Vol 7, No 1
- Vipan Kumar, Naresh Kumar, Sapna Narula (2011) Mapping of Elementary Education Infrastructure in India: A State and District Level Analysis in IAMURE: International Association of Multidisciplinary Research Journal, Vol. 1 May 2011 ISSN 22438327
- Investment in S&T and Innovation in India
Kasturi Mandal, Vipan Kumar, Parthasarathi Banerjee
Journal: ERN: Capital; Investment; Capacity 10/2009; DOI:10.2139/ssrn.1489180
- Avinash Kshitij, Bikramjit Sinha, Kirti Joshi, Kasturi Mandal and Vipan Kumar India’s Solar Energy Research: Mapping & Comparison with US and China INNOVATION-EMPI, Journal of Interdisciplinary Perspectives, 2010; http://empi.in/ijournal/index.php?page=issues
- Vipan Kumar, S.K. Jain,’ Energy Imperatives for India vis-à-vis China and Brazil, Environmental Law & Policy eJournal 04/2007; DOI:10.2139/ssrn.982327 access: http://www.researchgate.net/publication/228202991_Energy_Imperatives_for_India_vis--vis_China_and_Brazil
Technical reports, Bulletins
- Kumar, Vipan; Sumbul Naqvi; Sunita Kumari; Preeti (2015) India's Energy Profile: Status and Challenges, ISTIP Bulletin No 9, CSIR-NISTADS
- Kumar, Vipan; Sumbul Naqvi; Sunita Kumari and p Banerjee (2014) Analysis of India’s Manpower Resources with Respect to Migration Aspect of Resources and Comparative Capabilities, CSIR-NISTADS, ISBN: 81-85121-39-7
- Kumar, Vipan; Mandal, Bhati, Madulika, Narula, Sapna; and Nathanay, Parag (2011) Skills for Green buildings in India, In Press, International labour Office, Geneva.
- Bikramjit Sinha; Vipan Kumar; Avinash Kshitij; Parthasarathi Banerjee; Kasturi Mandal; Kirti Joshi (2008)” Quick Review of Facets of Developments in China: with emphases on S&T and innovation”, NISTADS Technical Report, NISTADS/REP – 03/2008.
- Bikramjit Sinha; Avinash Kshitij; Vipan Kumar; Yogesh Suman; A K Mukhopadhyaya; SA Nabi (2008) “Research and development Roadmap of AMPRI, NISTADS/REP – 02/2008
- Kumar Vipan, et.al. (2008) Energy Research and CSIR: A policy document for future research of CSIR in Energy Sector, November 2008, NISTADS Report.
- Kumar, Naresh ; Kumar, Vipan; Banerjee, P (2008) Data Support System for SHE, a project report submitted to DST, GAP-040730, May 2008.
- Nath, Pradosh ;Sandhya, G.D. ;Mrinalini, N.; Bose, P; Bhatacharya, S; Wakdikar S ;Kumar, Vipan ;Kapoor, Rammi; Lal, K; Sharma SC (2006) Status of innovation: Indian automotive industry Prepared for Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, NISTADS, 2006
- Kumar, Vipan ;Ahmed*, Sajeer (2001) Aerodynamic Characteristics of Missile Bodies with 2-D inlets NAL PD EA, Sep 2001 .
- Kumar, Vipan ;Ahmed*, Sajeer (2000) Investigation on a Pitot intake for flow instability (Buzz) NAL PD EA, March 2000.
- Ahmed, Sajeer* ;Gopinath*, P R ;Kumar, Vipan (1998)LCA Air Intake Tests for LEVCON Shielding Effects (Campaign 12) NAL PD NT 9812.
- Kumar, Vipan ;Kumar*, Rajeev ;Swamy*, KNN ;Ahmed*, Sajeer ;Manoharan*, K (1998) Aerodynamic Characteristics of Elliptic Bodies at M = 2 and 3 NAL PD EA 9806.
- Kumar, Vipan ;Ahmed*, Sajeer ;Gopinath*, P R (1997) Wind Tunnel tests on 1:7.64 Scale LCA Air Intake Model (Campaign 8 and 9) NAL PD NT 9729.
- Gopinath*, P R ;Ahmed*, Sajeer ;Kumar, Vipan (1997) Wind Tunnel tests on 1:7.64 Scale LCA Air Intake Model (Campaign 10) NAL PD NT 9730.
- Ahmed*, Sajeer ;Gopinath*, P R ;Kumar, Vipan (1997) Wind Tunnel testing and data analysis of 1:7.645 scale LCA Air Intake model NAL PD NT 9731
- Gopinath*, P R ;Ahmed*, Sajeer ;Kumar, Vipan (1997) Wind Tunnel tests on 1:7.64 Scale LCA Air Intake Model (Campaign 7) NAL PD NT 9728.
Conference proceeding papers/Conferences & Visits/Guest faculty lectures/Invited talks & Lectures
- Kumar, Vipan; Sagar, Rohit and Narula, Sapna, (2013) ‘Researcher Guide networking: A case of Renewable Energy Research’, 2013IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining, Niagara Falls, Canada, August 25-28, 2013
- Vipan Kumar, Sapna A Narula, (2013) 'Green Buildings in India: A skill development Perspective', in the proceedings of AICTE - National Conference on Energy Engineering, Analysis, Audit & Management, July 8-10,2013, NIT, Agarpara, Kolkata
- Kumar Vipan and Kshitij, Avinash (2012) Technology for Education: Mapping of Schools’ Data, International Workshop on Technology in Education: Learning in 21st Century; 04 December 2012; NISTADS (CSIR), New Delhi
- Kumar Vipan (2011) Presented two papers at plenary session at Asian Conference for Academic Journals and Higher Education Research, Philippines during17-20 August 2011
- Kumar, Vipan (2010) ‘Participated in the panel Discussion and conference on Mid-Term Meeting of the Global Young Faculty Open Science – The Responsibility of Science in the Face of Earth System Crises, on June 21, 2010, 04:00 – 08:00 pm
in the Philharmonie Essen, Huyssenallee 53, 45128 Essen, Germany
- Kumar, Vipan (2010) ‘Green Architects in India’, Country Study presentation on the occasion of Technical Validation Workshop on Skill for Green Jobs, 17-18 May 2010, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Kumar, Vipan (2010) Participated in the Dialogue and panel Discussion on 1st managing global governance conference, Bonn – Germany, InWEnt and DIE, commissioned by BMZ, 12 - 15 April 2010.
- Kumar, Vipan (2009) Lecture Given on “Global governance of science, technology and innovation: Indian Perspective”, as a part of course work taught at Managing Global Governance Programme at German Development Institute, Bonn, Germany, 27 February 2009
- Kumar, Vipan; Kshitij, Avinash (2009) “Inter-State Migration and Network of Students at Secondary level”, in Proceedings of International Conference on Social Network Analysis and Applications–SNA2009, NISTADS, New Delhi , 28-31 January 2009
- Kshitij A, Sinha B, Joshi K, Mandal K & Kumar V. 2009. Solar energy research in India: capability mapping. 11th International Conference on Technology Policy and Innovation,ICTPI’08, 13-15 March 2009, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
- Kumar Vipan; Bahl Rakesh (2008) VC Startups and Technological Innovation in India, Paper presented by VK at ASIALICS 2008, during April 2-4, 2008 at Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, India
- Kumar, Vipan ;Wakdikar, Sandhya ;Kapoor, Rammi (2007) Competitiveness and Innovation in Globalization Era: A Delhi Automotive Study Paper presented by S.W. at ASIALICS 2007, during 22-24 July 2007, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Kumar, Vipan (2007) Small and medium enterprise in India: with a case study on SME innovation in Automotive Sector Paper presented in the Workshop on Innovation and Development in SMEs between China and India, Shaanxi Soft Science Research Institute (SSSRI), Xian, China, May 23-24 2007
- Kumar, Vipan (2006) Small and medium enterprise in India: An overview Paper presented at Training of trainers programme of Extension agents and Establishing Outreach Centres, organised by WAITRO and Sirim Berhad, at Shah Alam, Malaysia, 20 February – 3 March
- Kumar Vipan, Yogesh Suman “Career opportunities in Information Technology”, CSIR Programme for Youth Leadership in Science, NISTADS, February 05, 2007.
- Kochhar, Rajesh ;Kumar, Vipan (2005) ICT and Traditional Crafts : New opportunities In Proceedings of International Conference on ICT as an Enabling Tool for Sustainable Development: Challenges and Opportunities for Research and Technology Organizations, Nistads, New Delhi, August 29-30
- Kumar, Vipan ;Kautia*, Shweta (2005) Virtualized Dhokra Museum: Diffusion of age-old and modern technology In proceedings of 2005 Beijing International Conference on Imaging: Technology and Applications for the 21st Century, May 23-26, 2005, Beijing, China
- Kumar, Vipan ;Kautia*, Shweta (2004) Nistads Dhokra Museum: A virtual reality approach Diamond jubilee seminar on "Virtual reality in Pursuit of excellence", conducted by IICT, Hyderabad, 4-5 June 2004 (in CD).
- Ahmed*,Sajeer ;Kumar,Vipan (2003) Mechanism of Supersonic Flow Instability Associated with a Pitot Intake Duct International Symposium on Air Breathing Engines (ISOABE), Cleveland; Ohio, USA, August
- Ahmed*, Sajeer ;Kumar, Vipan (2002) Investigation of flow instability in a pitot intake at Mach number of 1.6. In: Ninth asian congress of Fluid mechanics, 27-31 May 2002, at Isfahan, Iran.
News Paper Articles/Popular Science & working papers
- Kumar, Vipan (2008) Comment Board APO News, Vol 38, No. 1 January 2008, Asian Productivity Council, Tokyo, Japan
- Kumar, Vipan, Sandhya Wakdikar and Rammi Kapoor, ‘Competitiveness and Innovation in Globalization Era: A Delhi Automotive Study’, accepted as working paper series of SSRN and available at http://papers.ssrn.com/abstract=983867, 2007.
- Kumar, Vipan ;Kautia*, Shweta (2004) The making of a “Virtualised Dhokra Museum” Nistads News, Vol. 6, No.2, Oct.
- Kumar, Vipan (2003) History of Information Technology and its emergence in India Nistads News, Vol. 5, No.2, Oct.
- Jain*, S.K. ;Kumar, Vipan (2003) Energy vistas in India. Nistads News; 5(1), April 2003
Kumar,Vipan (2002) Water pollution of Yamuna. Nistads News, 4(2): 34-3